Sleep Well WNC
Sleep Well Western North Carolina is part of Dr. Links practice that involves screening, treatment and monitoring of sleep related breathing disorders.
One in four men and one on seven women have some form of sleep disordered breathing. Red flags for obstructive sleep apnea include heart disease, previous strokes, fibromyalgia, diabetes, periodontal disease, hypertension, narcolepsy, morning headaches, acid reflux, depression and ADD.
We want to work with your primary care physician, sleep doctor or ENT to find the best treatment option for you.
Treatment options include
- CPAP: Arguably the most effective treatment when its worn. It does a highly effective job of maintain the airway
- Sleep posture: Sometimes something as simple as a wedge pillow or other device may aid in helping the airway stay open.
- Weight Loss: Often sleep breathing improves dramatically with weight loss.
- ENT: Occasionally surgical correction of anatomical causes is indicated.
- Oral appliance therapy: For snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea or patients than cannot tolerate CPAP treatment are good candidates for oral appliances.
Oral Appliance Therapy is what we specialize in. Working closely with your physician and sleep study results we can fabricate a custom appliance that will help move your lower jaw forward which can reposition the tongue and result in a more open airway.